The first meeting of the partners of the consortium was held in Lucton in January 2006. At this meeting the members outlined what they hoped the project would achieve.
The over-arching theme was agreed as 'Personal Histories of the 20th Century'. The 3 countries represented agreed on the two common themes of 'Food' and 'Celebrations'.
Project outcomes for Older People were identified as:
- increased participation in wider community
- greater self-esteem and confidence
- enhanced social relationships
- improving memory and social abilities
- passing on traditional skills
- passing on local languages
- two-way teaching and learning.
Project outcomes for Children include:
- developing social relationships
- increased understanding of older people
- engaging with their community (citizenship)
- learning about traditional skills
- learning about local languages
- two-way learning and teaching.
Additional project outcomes were:
- increased appreciation of older people
- enhanced inter-generational understanding
- increased participation by older men