A message from the ECA National Executive Council
The ECA is not alone in its struggle to exist in these times of financial cuts. The National Executive has thought long and hard about how to keep going, and why.
From these discussions has blossomed a wealth of powerful reasons, and a refreshed urgency to keep going in support of the individual learner, the under-funded learning groups, and those who have had to strike out on their own.
Here are some of the areas the ECA focuses on: -
- individuals and their local communities
- learning for its own sake (rather than seeing learning as outcome-based)
- partnership working and the promotion of active learning
- teaching and learning on an equal basis
- supporting methods of learning that encourage self-confidence and self-governance in a spirit of friendship
- inspiring learners to change the world!
What do YOU need from us? Tell us by emailing ECA Vice Chair Chris Minter on firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Educational-Centres-Association/174905595888288. A word, a phrase is fine, your first name only if you wish.
However you answer, we will be glad to get your thoughts.
The ECA National Executive Council
Date Added: April 15th 2013