Adult & Community Learning: Maximising Investment & Meeting Local Needs
Westminster Briefing Event, 12th March 2013
Westminster Briefing, in association with The House Magazine and Dods are holding the ‘Adult & Community Learning: Maximising Investment & Meeting Local Needs’ event on 12th March 2013, at The Commonwealth Club, 25 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5AP from 11am to 3.30pm (including networking lunch).
The event is aimed at a wide range of stakeholders, including adult learning teams, community learning, ASL teams, local authorities, learning and skills providers, community and voluntary groups, social enterprise and business.
The event will examine the progress of Community Learning pilot schemes launched in August 2012, the future of ACL governance and funding and how the sector can continue to provide local and targeted services to meet specific community needs.
Key Issues explored will include: -
- Community Learning Trust pilot schemes: delivering ACL in local partnerships
- Learning from the Interim Report: examining different trust models and results
- Governance and strategic leadership in the ACL sector
- The Community Learning Budget & future funding
- Maximising the value of public investment
- Building successful partnerships & working across sectors
- Opening up to new providers: the key role of social enterprise
- Increasing participation & benefitting the wider community
- The role of ACL alongside formal skills & learning provision
- Towards employment: training & employability skills
- Targeted concerns: digital exclusion, supporting families, healthy aging and more
- The Lifelong Learning Account: how will this work with community learning?
Participants in the morning session will be briefed on and discuss the challenges facing the ACL sector, new models of delivery and how to maximise access to community learning for people of all ages and backgrounds. In the afternoon session, delegates will learn from case studies and share best practice examples.
Attendance at the event costs £225 per place or £175 each for two or more places. For more information and booking details please visit the Westminster Briefing website at http://www.westminster-briefing.com/home/education/event-detail0/newsarticle/adult-community-learning-maximising-investment-meeting-local-needs/.
Date Added: February 5th 2013