EAEA General Assembly 2013, EAEA Grundtvig Award Ceremony and Conference.
6th - 7th June, Mercure Hotel. Leicester, UK
The European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) will be holding its 2013 General Assembly and Grundtvig Award Ceremony and Conference in Leicester from 6th – 7th June.
The EAEA, of which the ECA is a member, is the voice of non-formal adult education in Europe. Its main roles are:-
- Policy advocacy for lifelong learning at a European level
- Development of practice through projects, publications and training
- Provision of information and services for our members
- International co-operation
The General Assembly will take place on the 6th June from 11am – 5pm and will include elections of the President and Executive Board.
The EAEA Grundtvig Award Ceremony, which celebrates innovation and excellence by awarding organisations or participants who present the best product of a transnational project in adult learning, will take place in the evening of the 6th. The award theme for this year is ‘Active citizenship and transnational solidarity - Adult education as a tool against nationalism, chauvinism and xenophobia’.
The EAEA Conference (co-organised with NIACE) on 7th June, 10am – 5pm is entitled ‘European Year 2013 of citizens: What are the emerging challenges and opportunities for adult learning’. The aim of the event is to: -
- To explore the contribution of adult education and learning to active citizenship and democratic engagement
- To compare experiences and approaches and synergies and make recommendations for local, national and European levels
- Through a mixture of high-level expert key notes, workshops and good practice examples, we will discuss the issue of European citizenship, democracy and adult education (in times of crisis).
The EAEA recommends that those members eligible for funding and grants, to contact their respective national agencies as soon as possible (for example 'Grundtvig actions: 'Visits and exchanges for adult education staff').
For more information visit the EAEA website at http://www.eaea.org/.
Date Added: January 31st 2013