'New Dynamics of Learning and Ageing: exploring the role of education in later life' conference
11th - 13th October 2011, Maynooth National University of Ireland
The Association for Education and Ageing (AEA) in partnership with Age Action Ireland and the Workers' Education Association Northern Ireland will be holding its next international conference and training event at the Maynooth National University of Ireland between 11th and 13th October 2011.
The conference entitled â€˜New Dynamics of Learning and Ageing: exploring the role of education in later lifeâ€™ will aim to:
- Identify new areas of teaching and learning, especially through arts and creativity
- Share good practice about older adultsâ€™ learning and educational opportunities
- Include the voice of the older learner
- Preview the forthcoming EU year of older people (2012)
- Showcase the work of the conference partners and other contributors.
A call for papers will be issued soon.
The organizers are hoping to have the event included in the Grundtvig training programme of events in Ireland to allow those from other parts of Europe to apply for their costs to be covered.
The conference programme and booking details will be available before the end of March 2011 and will be found on the websites of the partner organisations as well as that of the University.
To register your initial interest in attending or submitting a paper please contact AEA Development Coordinator Jim Soulsby at email@example.com.
Date Added: March 18th 2011